The City of Waupun is located on the western edge of the Horicon Marsh and close to the Wild Goose State Trail.
Waupun offers several great festivals and many other family-friendly activities including bicycling, outdoor swimming, golfing, camping, hiking, bird watching, fishing, canoeing, and more! It is also home to 12 beautiful parks, perfect for picnicking, playing or relaxing. Campsites are available at the Waupun County Park located northwest of the city, connected by a recreational trail to the city.
Known as the "City of Sculpture", Waupun offers an outdoor gallery of seven original bronze sculptures, with the feature piece in the collection being the renowned "End of the Trail," by James Earl Fraser. For additional information on the City’s sculptures visit the Tourism section of the City of Waupun website: City of Sculpture
Waupun has plenty of FREE Family Fun in store for visitors in 2012!
- June 1-3 – Swing by Tanner Park and join in on the festivities at the new 3-day Celebrate Waupun Festival! There will be a Great Bass Band Stage, Hispano Fest, Rock Stage, Tip Top Rides, Agnesian HealthCare Fun Run 5k run/walk/kids run, Car Show, Kidz Zone, Tour de Marsh Bike & Car Tour, City of Sculpture Historical Tour, Volleyball Tournament, Bean Bag Toss Competition & More!
- July 3 – Celebrate Independence Day with Fireworks & Cajun Dance Music at Tanner Park
- Thursdays in July, 7:00pm – Don’t miss the FREE Concerts in Dodge Park
- August 10-11 – The 23rd Annual Waupun Truck-n-Show
- September 7-8 – Volksfest German Ethnic Festival, held “under the big tent” in downtown Waupun
Learn more about these and other Waupun area events by visiting the Waupun Festivals website at www.waupunfestivals.com. Waupun Festivals, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to promoting the City of Waupun by highlighting our quality of life through a variety of cultural events and fun-filled experiences.
Sign up for the City Newsletter, Community News! Go to www.cityofwaupun.org and click on “Community Newsletter Sign Up” (located on the bottom left side).